I wanted a side dish other than the usual jacket potatoes or potato salad that would compliment my lamb tikka and cajun salmon perfectly. My spiced oven baked potatoes were perfect for this. They are very yummy and simplicity itself to make. This time I cut the potatoes into small roughly 3-4 cm potatoes. Sometimes I cut them into chunky chip shapes to make healthy spiced chips.
600 g potatoes (preferably red skinned but any will do).
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of paprika
½ teaspoon of dried crushed chillis
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C Fan/190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Peel the potatoes (although you could leave the skins on if you prefer).
- Chop into 3-4 cm chunks.
- Par boil for 5 minutes.
- Combine the olive oil and spices.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and spice mix.
- Put the potatoes into a foil lined oven roasting tin or large shallow dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (exact timing will vary depending on how big your potatoes are).
Tip: These potatoes taste very good with some mango chutney or some Thai sweet chilli sauce mmm!